Hey all you sweet potato lovers! This sweet potato recipe is to DIE FOR! It is super easy and does not take long from start to finish. With this recipe, you can make buns, or with a few simple tweaks, pancakes.
For all of you savory lovers, here is the bun recipe:
- Cooking oil or cooking spray (canola, olive, or coconut)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp whole wheat flour (the original recipe called for coconut flour, so you can use that if you want!)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- 2 cups shredded sweet potatoes (in a blender, food processor, or by hand- just make sure it is well shredded)
- Beat the eggs with the flour and spices. Mix in the shredded sweet potato until combined.
- Lightly coat a pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Spoon the mixture into desired “bun” sizes. I made mine about 4” in diameter.
- Cook until golden on the outside and done in the middle.
Use for hamburgers, turkey burgers, chicken burgers, or whatever you would like to put on those babies! I made buns for turkey burgers and put homemade guacamole, red onion, tomato, spinach and cheese on top…yep, it was as good as it sounds. ;)
For you ladies and gentlemen with a sweet tasting preference…Pancakes!:
- Exact same recipe, but instead of using rosemary, add ¼ tsp ground ginger and ¼ tsp cinnamon.
- Top with maple syrup or just eat them plain!
Enjoy! Let me know how you like them!