My meal planning goal has been going well and I have really loved the stress it takes off of me every night when dinner time comes around. Doing this not only helps keep your life organized but also keeps you eating healthier. I now have a healthy meal planned with all the ingredients at home and ready for the next 2 weeks. Lasts night’s dinner was a must share, the Grilled Capresse Chicken was a great weeknight meal. Super easy to make while still being healthy and tasty.
Grilled Capresse Chicken
Originally found on Kim’s Healthy Eats
4 boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
4 slices fresh mozzarella
4 slices tomato
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat grill (I used a small George Foremen grill). Salt and pepper each side of chicken and place on hot grill. Grill chicken for about 7 to 9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Vinegar will reduce and become thickened.
- Lightly brush sliced tomatoes with olive oil and place directly on the hot grill. Grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Once chicken is cooked leave on the grill and place 1 slice of fresh mozzarella on top. Then add grilled tomato and basil.
- Place on serving platter and drizzle with balsamic reduction.