We know that target weight loss does not happen, but with proper diet and exercise, your body will lose weight over all. However, we can do target exercises to help strengthen and tighten muscles in a specific area. Today I wanted to focus on a major problem area for many of us… our Lower Tummy Area. That hard to strengthen pesky lower abdomin. Well don’t you worry I am going to show you guys 6 exercises that will help you achieve that flat defined Abs look. Add these exercises to your workout routines and see your tummy start to tighten and get stronger.
Perform 15-20 repetitions and repeat circuit 3 times through
1. Reverse Crunches: Lay flat on your back with your arms over head and legs straight out in front of you. Lift legs off the ground and raise them straight up reaching towards the ceiling. Next slowly lower them down towards the ground (But Don’t touch the floor) just hover above the ground and raise them back up towards the ceiling. Repeat until reached desired reps. (note: try not to raise your lower back off the ground when doing this. Contract your abs to keep your body in control.)
2. Exercise Ball Pike: Using an exercise ball get in a plank position with your feet on the ball. Perform a pike with squeezing your abs and raising your bum towards the ceiling. (if this is to hard) you can also just bring your knees into your chest into a tuck position. Return to starting position and repeat exercise.
3. Ab V Hold: Sit on the ground and bring your legs out in front of your body and lift them off the ground in a V position. Raise your arms above your head and hold this position for at least 30 seconds. Remember to squeeze those lower ab muscles and remember to breath.
4. Jack Knives: Lay flat on your back and lift your legs straight up to the ceiling. From this position lift your bum off the ground and twist your hips to the left side. Lower your bum back flat on the ground and then repeat lifting your bum off the ground but this time twist your hips to the right. Repeat this until reached desired reps.
5. Exercise Ball Arms and Legs Pass off: Lay flat on the ground and hold the exercise ball in your arms reached over your head with your legs straight out in front of you. Raise your legs off the ground and pass the ball off between your hands to your feet. Lower your legs to just hovering above the ground and then raise them back up and pass the ball off to your hands. Repeat this movement until reps have been reached.
6. Flutter Kicks: Lay flat on the ground but raise both your shoulders and your legs off the ground. While holding this position perform small flutter kicks with your legs. You can either perform this exercise for 30 seconds or do it with repetitions. Remember to always use good form when doing all these moves and to not hold your breath. Having good breathing while contracting your abs is key. Good luck and let me know how you liked this workout.