Have you been wanting to get ride of that mom butt that has started to come in? Well you are in Luck today I have a workout for you that is dedicated to working your derriere. These moves will get your Glutes toned and ready to look great in a swim suite this summer. So lets get Started: Perform each Move for 50 seconds and take only a 10 seconds rest in between.
Bum Squeezes: (Lay down on the ground with your back flat on the floor and your knees bent shoulder width apart)
1. Straight Squeezes (50 Seconds)– Lift your hips up off the ground and do Small pulse squeezes with you bum up and down.
2. Knees Together (50 Seconds)– Lift your hips up off the ground and bring your knees together so they are touching. Do the same small pulse squeezes with your bum again.
3. In and Out Knees (50 Seconds)– Lift your hips up off the ground and squeeze in your bum cheeks and hold it there. While squeezing pulse your knees in and out repeatedly.
4.Straight Squeeze + In and Out Knees (50 Seconds)– Combine number 1 with number 3. When you are pulsing up bring your knees together. When you are dropping your glutes down open your knees back up.
For the next four exercises you will perform all four completely through on your right side first and then go back and do all four again on your left side. You will do each exercise for a 50 Seconds with a 10 second rest before moving onto the next. You will be on the ground on your hand and knees for all of these next exercises. I used a resistance band to make these moves hard, so I challenge you to also. :)
5. Straight Leg Lift (50 seconds): While on your hands and knees lift your one working leg back behind you and then bring it tucked back into your chest. Keep repeating this movement for the full minute. Never let your working leg touch the ground. Keep the rest of your body stable with your back straight and spine in line.
6. L Shaped leg lift and tuck in (50 seconds): While on your hands and knees lift your working leg up behind you to an L shape. Then bring it back down and tucked into your chest. Keep repeating the motion and never let your working leg touch the ground during the full minute. Remember to keep the rest of your body still and under control.
7. Straight leg drop cross over (50 seconds): While on your hands and knees lift your working leg straight out from behind you. Lower it back down and cross it over to the opposite side of your body. Don’t let your leg touch the ground but keep it hovering and then lift it back up again. Keep repeating this movement until the minute is up.
8. Bent L shaped leg press to the ceiling (50 seconds): While on your hands and knees lift your working leg up behind you into an L shape. Keep the leg there and perform slight pulses up and down. Remember to focus on squeezing your bum and keeping it tight will doing this. (helpful tip: think there is a tray of drinks on your foot during the pulses. Keep the foot flat and your leg steady in the L shape).
At the end of this circuit if you want to do another round repeat the whole thing again. I hope you felt it in your glutes as much as I did. Try to only take that 10 second break in between exercise so you don’t give your muscles to long of a break. Good luck and let me know how this workout went.