As I’ve mentioned before, Dave and I barbecue a lot! We love it! One of my favorite things to grill are vegetables. I love trying new marinades and combinations of veggies. We used to make a little tin foil “plate” to grill our vegetables on, but recently bought a little basket from Target that is actually meant for grilling vegetables. This honestly was such a great investment! It works awesome, and the vegetables always end up tasting so great! Dave is quite the master barbecuer man lately, and found this vegetable marinade a few weeks ago. He made a few tweaks, and we absolutely love it! I hope you and your family like it as well!
- Bell Peppers (my favorite combination has been 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 yellow pepper, and 1/2 orange pepper)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2- 1 whole onion (white or purple)
- Any other vegetables you would like!
For the Marinade:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (if you are looking to cut the sodium down, try low sodium soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- Salt and pepper to taste (the soy sauce is pretty salty already, so if you do add any salt, start out very light!)
Mix all marinade ingredients together. Set aside. Cut vegetables into desired size pieces. Mix vegetables and marinade. Let sit for 30 minutes. Grill on medium/low until done! We usually cook them for about 15-20 minutes on medium/low.
P.S. If you don’t have a grill, just throw them in a pan! They will still taste amazing:)
Have fun grillin and enjoy!