We eat a lot of chicken at our house and for that reason I’m always looking for a new recipe or way to cook it. This recipe is one I found on Pinterest a long time back and its in my families dinner rotation through the month. I also like to add a lot of greens and veggies to my dinners and a healthy starch like these sweet potatoes.
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450* F, Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray.
2. In a small pan, saute garlic with the olive oil until tender.
3. Remove from heat and add brown sugar.
4. Place chicken in baking dish and add a few shakes of salt and pepper then top with garlic brown sugar mixture.
(I know the recipe is for 4 chicken breasts but I only wanted to make 3 tonight:) )
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on thickness of your chicken breasts.
To Bake the sweet potatoes all you need to do is wash and cut the potato into small bite sized pieces and than lay them out on a cookie sheet. Once laid out sprinkle with cinnamon and then bake them at 350*F for 30 min. These taste amazing and our a healthy starch to add.
I finished this dinner off by adding a fresh spinach salad topped with fresh fruit and a homemade vinaigrette dressing. I also added a side of green beans. I’m always trying to add as many greens as possible. :)
Let me know what you think about this recipe or what your favorite chicken recipes are.